Capable South Carolina Business Litigation Attorney Resolves Complex Disputes
Established law firm represents businesses in the Charleston area
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract or if claims of unfair practices have been made against your business, contacting an experienced business litigation firm is essential. At the Law Office of Stanley C. Rodgers, LLC, I represent business owners in the Charleston area and across South Carolina. As a strong negotiator, I will seek to settle disputes to save your business both time and expense, but I am always prepared to assert your rights at trial.
Knowledgeable litigator handles breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies I can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
At the Law Office of Stanley C. Rodgers, LLC, I am committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Skilled attorney negotiates from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. My firm will seek to have claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. I understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation. As a skilled negotiator, I will help clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Experienced litigator presses for your rights in court
If litigation becomes necessary, you can count on me to build a strong case and argue it skillfully before a judge or jury. In addition to breach of contract, there are other possible types of claims.
For all issues, I will provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your business’s bottom line.
Contact a dependable South Carolina business litigator
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, or you are accused of a wrongful action, it is essential to seek skilled legal representation as soon as possible. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Call the Charleston office of the Law Office of Stanley C. Rodgers, LLC at 843-958-9881 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.